Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

My Top 10 Christian Albums of the Year 2011

Since it appears no more good music is coming out this year, here are my top 10 albums!! (Top 30 songs will be coming soon)

#10  Usually one of the best albums of the year, this one felt a little more thrown together at the last moment. Still some good stuff by Chris Tomlin and David Crowder and nice moments with LeCrae.



#9 I had never heard Manafest before. He is rap and rock mixed (think a harder version of TobyMac) and has catchy infectious songs. The problem is the lyrics are very superficial and the moments he talks live makes him sound a little like a punk. Still fun to listen to.




#8 Never heard of these guys either. A relatively new rock band that is very "Christian" in lyrics and in my mind has passed up Kutless and Red. TFK and Decemberadio are probably better but they didn't put out anything new this year.




#7 Awesome voice (probably the best female voice in Christian music IMO) with good meaningful and non-trite songs. Catchy melodies. I should rank this higher except this is so K-Love friendly






#6 The Boy Bands return!! Remind me of Plus One only more R&B. Great voices good songs. One of the best new artists of the year.




#5 This album as a whole is very uneven. A number of the songs aren't very good. However the ones that are are amazing! A number of people have attempted rock worship but this band succeeds. Think Flyleaf doing worship.




#4 Best new artist of the year, IMO, from Atlanta 19 year old who plays the guitar, writes her music, and sings very insightful, fun, singable, Christian songs. I can't get enough! Where did they find her?




#3 Fresh off touring with Taylor Swift (thats how good these guys are) comes their new album. A lot of relational songs here, less "Christian" than I would like, but still head and shoulders talent wise above most other Christian bands that I have to include them here. An album you can give your nonchristian friends and not be ashamed of.




#2 Obviously my most controversial choice but I just love the R&B, Rap, Raggae sound.  Solid all the way through with good Christian lyrics. I love it!! My taste exactly, and since it's my blog I'm putting it at #2.




#1 Like Aaron Rodgers and MVP, the choice is obvious. Possibly their best ever, and one of their most Christian ever. Heavy, insightful lyrics, talented artists, melodic songs - if every Christian artist was this good maybe our teens wouldn't be listening to secular music. Buy this one. Give it to friends. Support this group. Go to their concerts...


    

No comments:

Post a Comment