Search This Blog

Thursday, April 5, 2012

How To Determine If The Guy You Are Dating Is Really A Christian Or Just Pretending

         After years of parenting, being an elder, teaching youth, being a deacon, being a Christian for over 50 years, counseling thousands of women in a busy OB/GYN practice - I have heard this quote over 100 times - "I am dating the most wonderful guy. You would approve ,too , because he is an awesome Christian."
         OKay, ladies. Here is how you tell if he is a "good Christian guy" and it isn't rocket science but you have to be willing to take the blinders off. Here it is.... after years of study...

       Are you having sex?

 There it was. Did you miss it? I'll say it again

       Are you having sex?

  If you are he is not a good Christian guyWAKE UP!!!

Now you might take the blame and say, "It was my idea; I'm the one to blame."
    It doesn't matter. He should have said, "No, as the spiritual leader it is my job to present you as a pure and Holy bride to Christ. It is my job to model what it means to be a Christian. I respect you so much that how dare I cause you to sin."

You might say, "Wow that's a mature response. How many Christian guys are that mature?"

Well, they might not be able to say those exact words but even my 13 year old boys knew to wait until marriage.

Come on ladies. There are so many phonies out there. Be wise. Don't say, "he goes to church" or "we pray before we eat" or "I've never heard him cuss" or "he wears a cross" or "he likes gospel music" or "he helps the poor" or countless others. I gave you the litmus test. Are you willing to accept it?

    

No comments:

Post a Comment