Search This Blog

Thursday, December 4, 2014

My Top Christian Albums of 2014


                        My Top Christian Albums of 2014

  Here are my top 10 Christian albums of 2014. Kind of a weak year and I think this is going to be a trend as more and more artists release singles and EPs. Just remember, music is all about personal preference like pizza. Even my definition of "Christian" music may differ from yours but I try to pick albums that teach Biblical principles throughout and are performed by confessed Christians. So without further delay...

                  10. The best Christmas album. So good it makes the top 10. House of Heroes and others had good EPs but this was a complete album with traditional songs not frequently recorded.
                            

                 9,    This one came out of nowhere, a band from Ed Young's church that is a fun, creative, upbeat, quirky worship album. Good stuff. I see they also put out a Christmas album...
                            

              8. The worship band that blew everyone (me) away this year was Planetshakers. Their worship albums are very upbeat and electronic rock and they toured internationally. I would say they are rivaling Hillsongs but that may just be me. Anyway they put out not 1 but 3 albums this year and they were all good, especially Nada Es Impossible. The other 2 were Endless Praise and This is our Time

                    

            7.  For King and Country put out their second album which was very creative and had some standout songs. If they had a few more of them this could have been at the top.

                    

      6. My vote for new artist of the year - We Are Leo - kind of a cross between Hawk Nelson and Royal Taylor

                    

      5. Gotta admit, I like Manafest and he keeps maturing. If you like TobyMac, you have to like Manafest.

                   

        4. Jamie Grace did not have a sophomore slump. Creative, clever, catchy songwriting and performing put her up with Britt Nicole as the best two female Christian artists.

                    

         3. Rivers in the Wasteland by Needtobreathe returns them to more blatantly Christian words and they give the best concert. I personally think they sound better live than recorded (unlike Switchfoot) If I liked their style better they would probably be #1

                          

       2. I always have to give a bizarre #2 and this year is Shonlock. What great songwriting, very Christian (although many songs can go both ways) and just a breakout album for him.

                           


         1. Possibly the best Switchfoot album ever (I think I say that every time) - Fading West - tops the chart. Just one of those bands that are head and shoulders talent wise (like Needtobreathe) above all the others.
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment