Search This Blog

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Thoughts From Luke - Day 87


                                          Luke 20:17,18

Jesus looked directly at them and asked, “Then what is the meaning of that which is written:
“‘The stone the builders rejected
    has become the cornerstone’?
18 Everyone who falls on that stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.”
 
 
                   It's baseball season, YAY, and if you follow my blog at all, you see that I basically blog about two things - Jesus and baseball. I do blog about Christian music but I kind of include that under the broad heading of "Jesus". As the Brewers start the season, they have 7 players on their roster that have been rejected by other teams and are poised to add an 8th - Jared Hughes. They are hoping that like Junior Guerra, who the WhiteSox rejected and now has become the cornerstone of our pitching staff, that guys like Thames and Aguilar will do the same. To me it just says that one third of your roster is so bad, they couldn't make 30 other teams. Then you have guys that the Brewers let go like Diaz, who is going to make the Padre's team and Gennett who the Reds kept, and hopefully won't come back to haunt us like Nelson Cruz did.
 
            So this is what I think of today, as I read God's word. (Sad, isn't it) Jesus, the Son of God, the eternal King of the Universe, the hope of all mankind, comes to Earth, training camp, and they cut Him. Have you ever done anything like that? Maybe you passed on a good deal or an investment and it just exploded and now you are kicking yourself. Maybe there was a guy or girl who liked you and you weren't interested and now you regret it when you see how they turned out. That is nothing compared to this. Jesus' appearance on this planet is about your eternal life in Heaven or your eternal death in Hell and in this case the Pharisees had Him killed. Everyone today who rejects Him, as He appears in their life, commits the same tragic mistake as the Pharisees and when He appears before them in all His glory at the end, they will receive His crushing judgement - "You didn't want me in life, you can't have me in death". The good news is that if we are broken before Him today and say, "I fall before You and ask that You have mercy on me and forgive my sins. I surrender control of my life to You." - He forgives us for previously rejecting Him and comes into our lives. He doesn't really join our team, but we join His.
 
            Once we do that, He becomes the cornerstone of our life. Everything in our life takes off from Him, our foundation. That's why I can say the music I blog about is under the heading of Jesus. My occupation, money, movies I blog about, family raising hints, books I read, everything in my life falls under the heading of "Jesus". He is my foundation. He is my life. I haven't rejected Him but have come to Him broken and He has built me up and put me back together with Himself at the core and it is a great life!! Have you chosen to receive Christ? Do it today!! Don't be a fool like the Pharisees. Jesus is coming to your camp. Are you going to keep Him or cut Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment