Search This Blog

Monday, April 17, 2017

Thoughts From Luke - Day 93


                                               Luke 22:7-13


Then came the day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, “Go and make preparations for us to eat the Passover.”
“Where do you want us to prepare for it?” they asked.
10 He replied, “As you enter the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him to the house that he enters, 11 and say to the owner of the house, ‘The Teacher asks: Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’ 12 He will show you a large room upstairs, all furnished. Make preparations there.”
13 They left and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover.


        I love how God has taken care of all the arrangements for this passion week. He has provided the foal of a donkey, a betrayer, and now a room for the Passover feast. But what is even cooler than that, He has revealed to Jesus these items even down to the man carrying the jar of water. Does Jesus just know all these things because He is God or is He just in such close communion and conversation with the Father that the Father is revealing all this to Him? It's hard to say, but I prefer the latter because that inspires me to seek that same close communication with the Father that Jesus had.

      We see evidences of this in Peter's life where he is led to visit Cornelius. We see evidences of this in Paul's life where he sees in a vision a man begging him to come with the gospel and God closing other doors to different regions. He also is warned by God that when he gets to Jerusalem, there is persecution waiting for him. Have you ever had such specific leading by the Lord? I believe it is available to us but most of us aren't living the totally dependent on God life that those saints who were led so specifically, were. We aren't living a life of prayer like them so we aren't accustomed to hearing God's voice even if He would speak to us.

       My dad once gave a guy a poem about God's love for him and my dad didn't know it till later but the guy was about to commit suicide and my dad by hearing from the Lord and being obedient, saved his life. I was burdened for a doctor who was having issues with his heart rate going 180 and when we were in the elevator, I felt God telling me to lay hands on him and pray for him. Later I saw him and he said, "Your prayer worked, my heart is doing fine." Karen in her quiet times occasionally has a burden for a certain person and will send them a card. One lady in particular was going through a terrible time and her card brought her through it. We recently started a 6 week home fellowship group and invited some couples. Karen was surprised by the people I invited but I just had a burden for certain couples. It turns out by inviting one couple, we were able to be involved with a great redemption story of their prodigal son and the salvation and eventual marriage of his girlfriend.

       I heard a story, once, about a guy who in the middle of the church service yelled out "corn flakes". When asked later why he did it he explained that he felt God telling him to and he had to be obedient. Turns out there was a visitor there who I believe worked at the Kellogg's plant and was deeply depressed and wondering if there really was a God and if He really loved him. When he heard "corn flakes" it changed his life. I can't say I have some Peter or Paul or for that matter Jesus and jars and donkeys or "corn flakes" moments, but as I get closer to Jesus, who knows. Do you have any of those? Seek Jesus' face with all your heart. Ask to hear from Him and be obedient when He does speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment